BGF Speed Club

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

That's what I am working on,, I think that is the main issue for me... I just didn't know how to put it into words.

Making sure you have the right volume pipe to match your lungs

#22 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

There are a couple .40 blowguns on TZS that claim to be able to achieve 350 FPS.  I would like to see someone put up that time on a Chrony...

#23 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

There are a couple .40 blowguns on TZS that claim to be able to achieve 350 FPS.  I would like to see someone put up that time on a Chrony...

well tell the mailmain to hurry his azz up.. and I will try to do that :).. of course I hope he included a free set of lungs

LGD

• GrayWolf likes this

#24 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

250 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I would like to see what speed spike darts get as opposed to wire target darts. I know for a fact that the heavy hunting nail darts do not fly as fast for me, but that could be because I simply do not have the lungs. 

#25 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

LGD, for the sake of testing, use some tape to close off the back of the cone.  I am have a theory that it might help speed through reduction in volume, and static pressure. Of course, I could be totally wrong....

#26 Beanflip

Beanflip
  • Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

LGD, for the sake of testing, use some tape to close off the back of the cone. I am have a theory that it might help speed through reduction in volume, and static pressure. Of course, I could be totally wrong....

Sounds logical to me. I know performance is decreased if the dart is down the tube away from the mouth.

#27 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

LGD, for the sake of testing, use some tape to close off the back of the cone.  I am have a theory that it might help speed through reduction in volume, and static pressure. Of course, I could be totally wrong....

I am going to one up you on that.. and if my theory works in practice I will, of course, share...  eggsiting :P

#28 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Waiting eagerly! :)

#29 Turtle

Turtle
  • Moderators
  • 189 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'll try adding some weight and see how it compares.

• neondog likes this

#30 Turtle

Turtle
  • Moderators
  • 189 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm working my through the nail darts/duct tape. Best I've been able to get so far is 159 fps, that is with 50 caliber pipes. I'll keep plugging away and see if I can get up around 200 or better. This isn't easy.

edit:  I just found out via caliper all my aluminum is .62 cal.  Best yet for update is 180fps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users