How to aim a blowgun

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 THWACK!

THWACK!
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Yesterday I took a bunch of twist ties all twisted together to make one thick twist tie and wrapped it around the muzzle and twisted it tight. The result was a post-like front sight about 1 inch high. On my 60 inch long 50 cal BG I can hold dead on at roughly 7 meters. I took five pieces of 3/4 x 3/4 inch black electrical tape and placed four of them out towards the corners of my target stop and the fifth one in the middle. After about ten shots trying to figure out how to use the sight, the next five shots I hit four out of those five squares of tape and the fifth missed because I had a bad blow. But that had to be four of the best consecutive shots I've ever had. Oh I've made some great shots shooting instinctively but not four in a row like that. I think there is something to be said for using a front sight!

I will be playing with this a lot more in the future. I wish there was a way to decrease the distance seen between the two sight images that are seen while seeing the ghost images of of the BG barrel while sighting the target. What I see on the target looks like a sight post on each side of the point of impact that I want and the posts appear to be about 14 inches apart as seen on the target. I'd like to be able to bring those seen posts in closer to each other to be able to take a finer aim on the target.  Ideas anyone?

Just shoot cockeyed.            ;  )

Truth be known, I'm a beginner, and have yet to see two barrels. One fuzzy barrel, yes, but not two. Not yet.  I'll make more of an attempt to concentrate on the target than the "barrels" and hopefully they'll pop into place   :  ) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users