• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Forgot to mention that Type L (blue lettering) copper tubing has a slightly smaller i.d. the the Type M (red lettering) and is a bit more rigid.

#12 drfrancov

drfrancov
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIronwood, MI, USA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

So I just got home and measured my pipes. The 1/2 inch copper pipe internal diameter (ID) measures: 0.53 inches so I think I lucked out and the 0.50 darts shall be ok. On the other hand, my 1/2 inch PVC pipe ID is 0.6.

You can shoot .50 caliber darts out of copper tubing but The cone to bore seal will be on the poor side. The standard (paintball) fifty caliber barrels were a hair over .51 and "sloppy" fit was a common complaint.

Target Zone Sports started selling the "Close Tolerance" fifty cals (.495 to .498 inside diameter) about three years ago and it made a world of difference! Sometimes you have to take just a hair off the cone for a proper fit but that is a whole lot easier than putting a hair on.

I hope the one I bought have close tolerances. I bought thme from Target Zone.

#13 craftsman

craftsman
  • Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

"...  Sometimes you have to take just a hair off the cone for a proper fit but that is a whole lot easier than putting a hair on."

You need to do that for EVERY dart tailcone ...  more work, but only done once - bore out the barrel a tad until it fits proper.

#14 Will Edwards

Will Edwards
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

I made a 3 feet copper pipe blowgun. ID is 1/2 inch. Do any commercial/manufactured darts work with it? Thanks!

These should help http://www.amazon.co...0 blowgun darts

Just wrap duct tape around the cones until you have a good fit.

#15 giwtro

giwtro
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

I made a 3 feet copper pipe blowgun. ID is 1/2 inch. Do any commercial/manufactured darts work with it? Thanks!

These should help http://www.amazon.co...0 blowgun darts

Just wrap duct tape around the cones until you have a good fit.

I would think that the duck tape would add more resistance than using something like packaging tape.

#16 JTslinger

JTslinger
  • Registered
  • 89 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:46 PM

I've used thin duct tape and packing tape to make cones. I'd recommend using packing tape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users