Close
Photo
- - - - -

Lance Armstrong - What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about Lance Armstrong's cheating? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about Lance Armstrong's cheating?

1. It's terrible what he did (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Everybody cheats, whats the big deal? (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. I don't care one way or the other (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

What do you guys think about this whole deal with Lance Armstrong? Should he be punished?

#2 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I voted I don't care.  Professionals of any sport are there to win and make money for them selves and their sponsors.  If they need to dope to do that it will happen.  They knowingly dope.  They should know what it is doing to their bodies.  These doping organizations are there for amateurs not pros and should keep themselves out of pro sports of any kind.   

#3 popedandy

popedandy
  • Registered
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I would have preferred that Lance had done it without drugs, but what he did doesn't bother me.  He wasn't getting paid to lose.  He figured out a way to extract maximum performance from his body and did it.  They can take his name off of the books, but he still chalked up seven Tour wins, and it takes a heck of a lot more to perform at that level than the drugs. 

All of the self-righteous commentators make me want to puke.  All of the "Lance needs to do testify under oath if he wants to get back in our good graces" from a bunch of self-righteous taking heads who make their living off of tearing other people down has earned nothing but contempt from me.  And punishment?  The dude already has a lifetime ban from sanctioned events, is being ridiculed in the national and international media, and will forever be disgraced.  That seems enough punishment to me. 

#4 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I would have preferred that Lance had done it without drugs, but what he did doesn't bother me.  He wasn't getting paid to lose.  He figured out a way to extract maximum performance from his body and did it.  They can take his name off of the books, but he still chalked up seven Tour wins, and it takes a heck of a lot more to perform at that level than the drugs. 

All of the self-righteous commentators make me want to puke.  All of the "Lance needs to do testify under oath if he wants to get back in our good graces" from a bunch of self-righteous taking heads who make their living off of tearing other people down has earned nothing but contempt from me.  And punishment?  The dude already has a lifetime ban from sanctioned events, is being ridiculed in the national and international media, and will forever be disgraced.  That seems enough punishment to me. 

times two

#5 Carbon

Carbon
  • Registered
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

People do what people do. It is only our place to better ourselves. 

#6 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

250 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Here is my take on it. Yes he lied. Yes he is a liar. However, in 2005 when he won they determined that the top 22 were doping. So that means if you were competitive, and wanted any chance of winning ... you had no choice. 

Plus the dude has raised half a BILLION dollars for cancer research ... which in my mind is awesome regardless of how it happened. 

• neondog likes this

#7 cjb4u

cjb4u
  • Registered
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

My thought is Really!!!! They did not catch or say anything for any of the pre race tests and qualifications. so why even worry about it. Every body at that level is trying to train to the max and achieve the maximum there body can achieve. There is always a risk. I know of ways Olympic athletes train that was illegal 20 yeas ago but now they can not even test for HGH because you can naturally achieve  close to the same results. So in short I do not care he still had to work for it and will still pay the personal risk and cost. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users