• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 one shot

one shot
  • Registered
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRosenberg , Texas

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I was wondering if anybody would like to get a competion here in Texas , I know not very many people would be willing to travel very far  but maybe we can get locations of each person interested and come up with a center location.  maybe we could get a chrony and get our speeds down and certified, get to meet each other and so on.  I signed up on the USBA and seen there are some more folks from Texas ( thanks to neon dog for that info) I will shot them a email to see if they mite be interested. Just throwing out some ideas out, post any of your ideas or tips .

#2 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

250 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hey there is absolutely no harm in asking. If I were anywhere remotely close to Texas I would come shoot for sure.

#3 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I would consider going at least half way across Texas if you get a few more to join you. I'm only about forty miles from the Red River.

#4 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Where in TX are you? I lived outside of San Antonio for a while.

#5 one shot

one shot
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I live in Rosenberg Texas , about 30 minutes southwest of Houston and 2 1/2 hours from San Antonio . If we have anymore bites on this please post your location for a reference .

#6 one shot

one shot
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

after emailing all the people listed on the USBA web site i only had one reply ,we are not going to be able to compete with two or three people . i will try again later.

#7 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Right now there are approximately five USBA members per state. When we hit five per metro it'll be a little easier to get something going. The good news is that new members are joining at an increasing rate. I contribute part of that to the fact that Walmart started selling the two foot forty caliber blowguns in stores.

#8 Alan

Alan
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

I know that I am a little late on this one. But I live in Mexico and from time to time I drive up thru Texas on the east side. So if you are still thinking about it or know of anymore please let me know. If the timing works out I would love to do it.

#9 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:11 AM

With the current gas prices, it would cost me about $100 round trip. That's a lot cheaper than my trip to Ohio! 

#10 Keith.B.Nimble

Keith.B.Nimble
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

I just joined the group today and I live in San Marcos, TX.  Smack between Austin and San Antonio. 

If there were a tournament here I would also attend.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users