Sight using both eyes.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katagelan

katagelan
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

The idea and picture are not mine, but I find that clever.Parallax%20Site%20Diagram%201.jpg

• treefork and GhostHawk like this

#2 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Sounds like it would work for me.

#3 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

That is clever!

#4 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

250 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Nice! The dimensions are even correct for the blowgun I use most often. 

#5 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Anyone know the dimensions for a 4' .625 cal?

#6 Teach

Teach
  • Registered
  • 165 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Chimes, neondog recommended a "card sight" to me that I have had great success with. I have it on my 4 footer. The card measures roughly 3x3 inches square. You can draw intersecting lines from the corners to establish the centre of the card. Cut a hole out of the centre of the card large enough to accommodate the diameter of your barrel. Then cut off two corners off at 45 degrees - each from the same side of the card. The card should look something like the profile of a children's drawing of a house with the peak of the house's roof cut off when you are done.  

When sighting your target once the card is attached to your barrel the image you now see will be very similar to the rear sight of a rifle with a "V" groove cut into it. Place your target into the "V" and Bob's ur Uncle! Depending on the distance to the target and the weight of the darts you will have to choose where in the "V" to hold on target.....meaning high or low. 

I wasn't sure if this was going to make sense by my written description so I went back over to Lefora and did a search and found the file. A pic is worth a thousand words.

http://blowgun.lefor...#reply-44958675

#7 craftsman

craftsman
  • Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

The parallax correcting sight was invented by Bruce Bell in 2003.  For a 0.625 barrel, use paracord to wrap arounf the barrel to measure the outside diameter (Normal BigBore vs thick-wallled have different O.D.s)  Add another 3 inches to that (will be slighly wider than the 0.40 / 0.50 cal dimensions).  Find a suitable maleable piece of wire, and follow the steps above.  I made one for my 5ft. Big Bore.  Makes aiming easier. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users