• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Chips

Chips
  • Registered
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape, South Africa

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've always used a Carolina Rig as my fishing setup, for both my catfish and my carp.

That's rather interesting, i've never used it, I am very new to fishing though! :) I recently caught a carp from the surface, though in my area the chod rig probably trumps everything else in the end.

#12 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Never used the chod rig, maybe I'll try it out one of these days.. I'd like to get into bowfishing soon though.

#13 Chips

Chips
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

Never used the chod rig, maybe I'll try it out one of these days.. I'd like to get into bowfishing soon though.

cool man, and that too might be fun. do you shoot a compound or a recurve, or a long bow?

#14 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I did shoot a compound but I sold it awhile back, I plan on getting a recurve though.

#15 Chips

Chips
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

cool, i shoot a compound. gotta get it fixed though. currently i've been experimenting with a recurve. lots of fun. quite different.

#16 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I've always been a recurve guy myself, took my sights off my compound so I could do instinctive shooting. Loved every bit of it till I sold my compound, now I've gotta get around to getting myself a recurve.

#17 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

250 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I shot compound bows in 3d shoots for many years. Now I am very much into the recurves. Compounds make good hunting bows ... but for shooting for fun, nothing beats a recurve or longbow.

#18 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I myself prefer the recurve over the compound for anything and everything. Seeing that I don't like to hunt in a tree stand or in blinds when I use a bow, I choose the recurve. I get to stalk the animals, which I must say I enjoy immensely. I remember when I was younger (about 8 years ago) I would go out into my Grandmother's fields and try and get as close as I could to the deer there. Got within 15-20 meters to one of them before she jolted off. I of course chased her too, which I was surprised how I closed the gap a bit during the first seconds of the sprint. Then she out ran me :D

• Chips likes this

#19 Teach

Teach
  • Registered
  • 165 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

I've always used a Carolina Rig as my fishing setup, for both my catfish and my carp.

Chimes, the carp we get up in BC where I am from are not real good for eating. Lots of bones and generally taste muddy. 

How do you use the carp you catch? Are they a decent eating variety or good only for fertilizing the garden with?

#20 Chimes

Chimes
  • Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Chimes, the carp we get up in BC where I am from are not real good for eating. Lots of bones and generally taste muddy. 

How do you use the carp you catch? Are they a decent eating variety or good only for fertilizing the garden with?

I was determined to try some carp, never got around to it though.. To much work in my opinion(lots of tiny bones) ;) I use it for cut bait for catfish though, works great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users