constructing syringe dart

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kikko

kikko
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

I need help attaching a syringe dart plug. One way is to create a plug is with synthetic hair to match this dart. I need suggestions on how to attach the hairs to the dart. I think feeding the hair through a funnel would allow me to wrap line around one end to secure it to the dart. I then use a smaller funnel that I glue the hair into. This allows me to reuse darts by detaching the smaller funnel and injecting air to pressurize the dart again. 

KEwme4N.png

#2 kikko

kikko
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

I know there are kids on this forum but to those who know about ballistics, any idea how these fly? I know a 1cc dart would fly farther than a larger cc dart but what kind of range can I expect? Given that I use out of a .50 caliber 8 foot carbon fiber blowgun with maximum volume flow. Any suggestions on how to improve range?

#3 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

What are you going to use it for ?

#4 kikko

kikko
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

What are you going to use it for ?

I'm not asking you what the use is. I'm asking how to improve its design. If you have any relevant ideas, please let me know.

#5 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

#6 kikko

kikko
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

This board is rather slow. Here is a video for the basic idea behind constructing the air pressurized dart syringe. Ideally, I want to be able to project the dart farther than 20 yards so I decided to cut down on the cc/volume of the dart from 3cc to 1cc. Keep in mind that the ccs are doubled because you have to use two syringes to create a dart, one to contain the liquid and another to hold the pressurized air. I think that the ballistics will be off since the weight of the dart is not distributed evenly (liquid in front, air in back). I was thinking of using a heavier gas but then came across a chemically induced form of injection with sodium bicarbonate and acid found here. I am cautious to attempt this because no propellant can mix with my injectant. Any thoughts?

#7 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

I have a thought. Perhaps if you give us a few details on your planned project (objective) we will be less fearful that your intentions are pure evil and thus become more willing to contribute. Who knows?

#8 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

.

Attached Thumbnails

• images (5).jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users