How do you guys trim your cones?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clide1997

Clide1997
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

As the title implys, how do you guys trim your cones? When I'm trimming I put the cone in the muzzle of my blowgun, mark it with a sharpie, then trim it to fit with scissors. This works pretty well but it is slow and alittle inconsistent. Is there a better way? Sorry if this has been answered before but I have been through this section front to back and did not find an answer.

#2 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

I would also like a better method .  I do it like you . Seems like my Cold Steel darts are better than the ones I make .

#3 Clide1997

Clide1997
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

My Cold Steel darts are more constant in sizing, but they are not as good as some of the cones I make. about 3 out of 5 cones I make shoot awsome, the other 2 out of 5 are usually too small and are unuseable.

#4 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

Same problem here, consistency is a problem. One thing I want to start doing is using a plumb Bob, or something similar to form my "grocery bag" brown paper cones around. That way all my cones would be the same length. I mark my cones in the end of my blowgun tube also.

#5 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

I've seen cones made from milk jugs, heated with a propane torch, and pressing a plumb Bob into the hot plastic to form cones.Then you sharpen a piece of tubing your blowgun pipe is made out of, like a hole punch and use it to cut the cones from the milk jug. Thought I would pass this along, I couldn't get the hang of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users