• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

I was going to buy a 48" one piece aircraft grade aluminum blogun with a glass lining a few years ago from a well known company that is no longer in business. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these glass lined aluminum blowguns in .50 or .40 cal.? Thanks.

#2 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

Has anyone had any experience with the "tufram" teflon coated blowguns? I sounds impressive.

#3 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

I got a four foot Tufram forty caliber shortly after I started shooting in competitions and I was VERY impressed with the quality of the material.

At the time I had yet to receive a blowgun that was perfectly straight and I would always "christen" my new tubes with a small scratch on the muzzle end to denote what I considered to be the top of the blowgun. When I went through my usual motions in an attempt to mark the Tufram, I had to hold it under a light just right to be able to see the mark. Hard to believe the stuff really is aluminum. 

I mostly shoot fifty caliber now and have never seen a Tufram fifty. I'm afraid the forty calibers might be history too. Try Jungle blowgun.

#4 neondog

neondog
  • Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Forgot to point out that Tufram is MUCH more than a teflon coating. It is a highly refined aluminum treatment that was developed for NASA. I can't recall the process now but there is a good deal of information about it on the web.

#5 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

Yeah neondog, the advertising definitely sounds impressive. Amazon has tufram blowguns right now, 48" .40 cal. about $31.00. I think I would prefer a .50 cal., haven't seen one by tufram. I marked the mouth end of my blowgun, mainly because I didn't want to put my mouth on the end that was on the floor...my tube is perfectly straight.

#6 Ducati250Single

Ducati250Single
  • Registered
  • 10 posts
  • LocationN.E. Illinois

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

I see Jungle blowgun site says "closed for an extended period", that's got a went out of business sound to it, doesn't it? Amazon has their darts though.

#7 Jonesysoutdoors22

Jonesysoutdoors22
  • Registered
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNw pa

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:05 AM

I rainx my cold steel big bore and have had great success with it....but if ever get link to glass lined please share...sounds interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users