Hi from NC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fatman

Fatman
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:44 AM

I put blowguns down for a while, and am glad to be back. I shoot strictly homemade .625. About a hundred years ago, I designed and built a frog gigging Blowgun called the Cottonmouth. For health reasons I got out of the blowgun 'business', and now they are just a hobby. Been at it a while, though. Built my first in 1968.
  • gshouse2004 likes this

#2 slingshot

slingshot
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

I put blowguns down for a while, and am glad to be back. I shoot strictly homemade .625. About a hundred years ago, I designed and built a frog gigging Blowgun called the Cottonmouth. For health reasons I got out of the blowgun 'business', and now they are just a hobby. Been at it a while, though. Built my first in 1968.

Well, I'm only 71, so that was before I was born! (LOL)! Welcome back. Sounds like that could have been used for a fishing rig- which is my new project ! If you have some pics of Cottonmouth, I would love to see!

#3 Fatman

Fatman
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hehe! Well, maybe it wasn't quite a hundred years ago. I posted a few pics on the homemade blowguns area. Quick and dirty, but you get the general idea. The line moves through the barrel through a venturi tht helps pull the line. Very little loss of efficiency.

#4 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Welcome to the forum .

#5 JTslinger

JTslinger
  • Registered Approved
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to the forum.

#6 gshouse2004

gshouse2004
  • Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

I'm 47 years old, from Kentucky, and I bought a Cottonmouth from you back in the day.Loved it! I wish I still had it.

#7 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

500 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

Hello and welcome! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users