• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Gigmaster

Gigmaster
  • Registered
  • 53 posts
  • LocationChatsworth, Ga.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I get 320fps with my CS 5' + 2' extension, and bamboo darts. Spearheads give me 280fps or so, and the large broadheads around 240fps.

• Jamesillet and Matthewshums like this

#12 william21

william21
  • Registered
  • 38 posts
  • Locationwyoming

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

good average to kill and is so reach able by most of us 300   and ive heard of some 555s outa 12ft tubes  ill find the reading i had  but  300 is good for most here to kill ya know       now when i was a kid  i had a super soaker water gun  it could be pumped without water and just air  i had it one day to  it pumped so tight the tank was ticking and changing color  (stressed plastic)  now pulling the trigger sent it outa my hands like a roket   so a light above my head   i thaght i can   dunt dunt dunnnn   make a flaim thrower  not kidden  took me 2 more days to find out it shoots coat hanger dart 8inchs into a stopsign cardoors mail boxes   hits these targets and coils the coat hanger up  and smells of burnt maches if there intime to smell it  and dart hardly drops at near 60 yards  no wind  with enogh force to use pliers to remove from fence     only 3 shots thru dads friends crono  and shots wer 12 to 1300 fps     lier  they say   lol

1/2 copper tube 6ft 9inch darts with hard heavy plastic perls from hobby store

now couple years later i was making thes again except 40cal bg  and b4 it was speed checked  it was taked by a police officer  said he was keeping it till he heard no bad shots around town  but never heard of it again

now again couple years later i was at work playing with a 2inch air line used to chase rabbits outa drill pipe  (it was essentually a babby bunny blow gun)  because if you wer lucky enough or unlucky enough to witness the  action   depending on your sickness level or if you can stomache the mess

well off on a tanget

i was  of tossing a  black bycicle innertube into one of these valves with one other opening fitted to a half inch tube filling the valve blattered tube until the bycycle tube burst in the muzzle per say

was never crono  but the cones would melt to the sides upon exit    just a bit  and was a vicsious sound

now that i misspelled my way to intertain you aqll b4 bed

oh and i plant to find thes same super soaker swo i can video it for us all here

#13 calina

calina
  • Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNear Montréal, Québec

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

This is unbelievably fast and when I say unbelievably, I mean, it is not believable. At the most, top speed is 180/190 ft/sec and more likely, it is between 120 and 140 ft/sec.

#14 calina

calina
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

How do I insert a link and why can't I paste text in here ?

The erroneous speed is caused by a faulty reading. You have to take into account the length of the dart to measure the speed accurately. It is very easy to check the fact that the speed is highly optimistic : Just blow the cone in the tube (no shaft). You won't get the real speed of the dart, but you'll see that the original reading is off by a long shot.    

#15 cjb4u

cjb4u
  • Registered
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa USA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Working with compressed air can do some crazy things. Allot more speed and power then most would think possible.

#16 calina

calina
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

I'm talking lung power here and about Deano69 and Gigmaster claimed velocities. It's unfortunate that I can't post the addresses of my references.

• wll likes this

#17 wll

wll
  • Registered
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

I'm talking lung power here and about Deano69 and Gigmaster claimed velocities. It's unfortunate that I can't post the addresses of my references.

You have not been around for a while, but I have sent my darts through the chrono years back and got no where near those speeds. I was getting in the 200fps range on a good day as I remember.

Yes, I do believe they MIGHT be getting false readings or just be the lucky ones that have great lung capacity.

wll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users