13 replies to this topic

#11 Thistle

Thistle

Resigned

• Resigned
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hi everybody. Thanks so much for the friendly welcome.

I'm totally off-grid for the next week, but when I return, I hope to explore this blowgun stuff lots more. Something for me to talk about--and maybe ask lots and lots of stupid questions. I found a website that has some handsome .40 caliber blowguns, made and assembled in the US, and also claims lifetime guarantees for at least two products. Not sure what that means exactly. The price on blowguns appear to be outrageously inexpensive--which is a good thing! Maybe someone has already reviewed them.

The reason why I'm looking at the .40 calibers is because they ONLY recommend the Cold Steel's Big Bore (which they also sell) "for experienced blowgun users or those familiar with big bore blowguns." Oops for me!

The slingshot forum is giving me a headache :sick: with all of its different types of flatbands, tubes, grips, materials... It wasn't s'pose to be this complicated (and expensive!). I've lost count of everything I don't know but need to buy. What I do know, however, is that I can't never, ever use the word "cute" when describing someone's homemade slingshot. It'll git me eaten by grizzlies.  :blink:

#12 Blue Danube

Blue Danube
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Welcome young lady! Get yourself a 48" long .50 caliber for general purpose shooting, tge Target Zone is a superb choice and will give you years of fun!

#13 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hi everybody. Thanks so much for the friendly welcome.

I'm totally off-grid for the next week, but when I return, I hope to explore this blowgun stuff lots more. Something for me to talk about--and maybe ask lots and lots of stupid questions. I found a website that has some handsome .40 caliber blowguns, made and assembled in the US, and also claims lifetime guarantees for at least two products. Not sure what that means exactly. The price on blowguns appear to be outrageously inexpensive--which is a good thing! Maybe someone has already reviewed them.

The reason why I'm looking at the .40 calibers is because they ONLY recommend the Cold Steel's Big Bore (which they also sell) "for experienced blowgun users or those familiar with big bore blowguns." Oops for me!

The slingshot forum is giving me a headache :sick: with all of its different types of flatbands, tubes, grips, materials... It wasn't s'pose to be this complicated (and expensive!). I've lost count of everything I don't know but need to buy. What I do know, however, is that I can't never, ever use the word "cute" when describing someone's homemade slingshot. It'll git me eaten by grizzlies.  :blink:

The .40 cal is a good way to start. Good for target shooting. Low air volume needed and good speed attainable. Inexpensive and easy to find darts The aluminum tube should last a life time. A good place to start. Don't over think blowguns or slingshots. They're very simple.

#14 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Don't worry Thistle.  You can make a blowgun in any color you want and decorate it to your hearts content.  I don't mind cute.  Several of the places selling them have many colors to choose from.  I have one in a nice orange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users