I Guess Its Proper For Me To Post Here First :) {Vidtroduction} - Introductions Forum - Blowgun Forum

Close
Photo
- - - - -

I Guess Its Proper For Me To Post Here First :) {Vidtroduction}

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Well some of you guys may know me,,, I am totally new to this, but had to have a taste.... So, as usual I document my experiences

FIrst Blowgun vid... wooo hooo

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lFiwJ4_6Nc0

LGD

• GrayWolf likes this

#2 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Nice video, as usual! Welcome to the site!

#3 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

500 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Who are you? Nice video man!

#4 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks guys

Who are you? Nice video man!

Ha! I am just a man trying to follow your lead on this blowgun stuff... got ya book marked for making my paper darts in the future...

LGD

#5 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Lookin at the tube in your video caused me to ask a question. Are polished interior surface tubes or non-polished tubes better? When I say better I mean in regards to the amount of friction resistance on the dart. Hmmm.

#6 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Lookin at the tube in your video caused me to ask a question. Are polished interior surface tubes or non-polished tubes better? When I say better I mean in regards to the amount of friction resistance on the dart. Hmmm.

You know I was thinking the same thing... I had in mind a glass tube may work well... just have to think of a way to protect it from breaking :)  maybe a copper tube wide enough for the glass to be inserted...  anyway its just a thought not sure if it will go further than that.

LGD

#7 NightKnight

NightKnight

250 Club

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

The reason I asked is that it seems that friction is often reduced on non-polished surfaces. As an example, it is usually easier to slide an item across frosted glass than standard polished glass.

#8 cjb4u

cjb4u
  • Registered
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa USA

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

The reason I asked is that it seems that friction is often reduced on non-polished surfaces. As an example, it is usually easier to slide an item across frosted glass than standard polished glass.

I could see this but on the flip side a non polished surface would allow more air to pass around the dart. Less friction but also less of an air seal. hmmm Looks like we may have a lot of experimenting to do. 

#9 cjb4u

cjb4u
  • Registered
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIowa USA

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

OH ps Welcome to the forum and look forward to more of your vids!!!

#10 neondog

neondog
  • Registered Approved
  • 199 posts
  • LocationS.W. corner of Oklahoma

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think each would have benefits in different situations. A polished bore would enable a near perfect seal for shooting great distances or very heavy darts while a bore with a texture would be less likely to grab a film cone style dart if condensation were allowed to build up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users