New member from Orange County, California : ) - Page 2 - Introductions Forum - Blowgun Forum

Close
Photo
- - - - -

New member from Orange County, California : )

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Macfz

Macfz
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

I'm working with a California State trooper to get the ban reversed. We've found the original law on the books, and who it was sponsored by. That person is no longer serving in the State legislature. He's trying to see who he can work that would be willing to support the reversal, and to contact the original person to get the story behind why it was proposed into a law in the first place (as with any legislative act, there most likely wee favors called in, promises made. Need to unravel that whole bowl of spaghetti. 8-(

Not condoning that you knowingly break the law. You can order tubes. They are not illegal.

Getting caught shooting (depending on the official, their familiarity with the laws, and what mood they're in) ... that can be a different story. If you so choose ... keep it out of street view, on private property, or off into the woods away from prying eyes.

Well hopefully that gets resolved soon enough. There are not many places nearby where I'd be able to shoot unnoticed. Not that any type of government authority is constantly present in the wilderness areas, but civilians tend to be wary of any activity besides trail walking and sight seeing. I think my backyard might be just enough for regulation distance practice. I'll be ordering a tube soon : )

#12 NaturalFork

NaturalFork

500 Club

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hello and welcome!

• Macfz likes this

#13 Macfz

Macfz
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hello and welcome!

Hey natural fork, thank you : )

#14 craftsman

craftsman
  • Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

Macfz,

A lot of places will not ship blowguns to California - check out their fine print.     You may have to ship them to relatives or friends out of state.  I know - big hassle!  If you're getting some very exotic or super expensive equipment, you can always send them to NaturalFork!  (ROFL!)  He can do some very intensive quality control checks for you.

• Macfz likes this

#15 Macfz

Macfz
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

Macfz,

A lot of places will not ship blowguns to California - check out their fine print. You may have to ship them to relatives or friends out of state. I know - big hassle! If you're getting some very exotic or super expensive equipment, you can always send them to NaturalFork! (ROFL!) He can do some very intensive quality control checks for you.

If anything I order comes to me indirectly, it'll be making a stop by your place only craftsman : )

A package with some of those homemade broadheads you just posted about would be ideal.
  • craftsman likes this

#16 craftsman

craftsman
  • Registered
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

Macfz,

Having a four foot long tube with an ID (Inside diameter) of 0.50 inches is not necessarily a blowgun.  It "could" be a didgeridoo!  (I can play my 0.50 and 0.625 cal. blowguns like one)

Check out http://blowgunforum....e-fukiya-darts/ and also http://tomshiro.org/pdart/

or - make your pick of metal TUBE (NOT pipe!) ID (0.40 or 0.50, or as close to that as possible)  http://www.onlinemetals.com/ 

Tubes are extruded, seamless.  That is critical.  NO inside seams.

a 4 ft Titanium, 0.555 ID seamless tube for $121!

a 4 ft. 0.50 C101 Copper tube for $70.46

a 4 ft. 0.51 ID Brass tube for $65.29

a 4 ft. 0.50 ID Stainless steel seamless tube for $128.56

a 4 ft. 2014-T3 Aluminum tube for $27.86 ( I have one of these - AWESOME!)

a 4 ft 6061-T6 Aluminum tube for $27.85 (this is a thicker walled aluminum than is sold for blowguns online)

or find a fiber carbon tube, glass tube, plastic tube - If you get a standard blowgun mouthpiece - you may have to "mill" it out to fit the non-standard tube OD.  Well worth the effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users