Something I Have Fun With Indoors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

The slingshot forum had these peashooters on a while back. They are very nice and much fun.  I could not find whole peas at any stores so I then ordered the ones for 6mm and use airsoft BB.  I think they would be easy to make, but I decided to support a Vet by buying from him.  I actually took out some flies this spring and summer sitting on my porch.  Skeeters also.  Fairly close range within 10 feet.  Surprised me to be able to hit them.

#2 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered Approved
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

This brings back memories. We used to take a mouthful of peas and shoot a stream of peas at a target. Pelting the target like full auto. The range was pretty impressive.Not recommended but we would shoot each other. Good times. Kids are now stuck with video controllers in their hands 

#3 Lightgeoduck

Lightgeoduck
  • Moderators
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, that's where I got mine sometime last year, I just couldn't find the link.... That what I used in my first blowgun experience vid, shooting a toothpick dart. http://blowgunforum....-vidtroduction/

#4 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I have also shot a pin with a tuff of cotton on it from mine.  It goes into cardboard pretty well.  Gives me a reason to keep the pins from new shirts and the cotton from pill bottles.

#5 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered Approved
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I found the peas at a local store that caters to various ethnic backgrounds. The Middle eastern culture uses whole dry peas so check in those kind of stores

#6 orcrender

orcrender
  • Gold Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I will look for those type of stores.  Thanks for the input.

#7 treefork

treefork

250 Club

• Registered Approved
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

The slingshot forum had these peashooters on a while back. They are very nice and much fun.  I could not find whole peas at any stores so I then ordered the ones for 6mm and use airsoft BB.  I think they would be easy to make, but I decided to support a Vet by buying from him.  I actually took out some flies this spring and summer sitting on my porch.  Skeeters also.  Fairly close range within 10 feet.  Surprised me to be able to hit them.

Ordered a couple yesterday.Should be here in a few days. I think this will aid in my Blow gun marksmanship. Thanks for the link

#8 superman365

superman365
  • Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationMilky Way Galaxy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

thats cool....I also have done the "full auto" thing....It was alot of fun to shoot my friends with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users